MY GRAND VAN IS HAVING PROBLEM IN ACCELERATING MORE THAN 90KPH

2010 Hyundai Starex • 60,000 miles

When I reach 90-95kph my van is not accelerating and only stays there even I press the pedal hardly
Brenankarol

Probably due to excessive backpressure in the exhaust. Remove the catalytic converter and install a bypass pipe temporarily. Test drive it. The problem should be fixed. Then replace the catalytic converter. You can do it yourself in about an hour with a jack, stand, and 2 wrenches.

Rivermikerat
The vehicle is almost new and should be under warranty. I would let the dealer sweat over it.

Thanks for the response I will check for it.

Brenankarol
I agree with KHLow

Rivermikerat
My van is 2008 crdi engine, its max speed is 100kph even I press the pedal max, I have replaced the catalytic converter but the problem not solved, please answer me if u find the reason, thanks

Starex
Have it scanned for both hard and soft codes and let us know what is fund. You have to tell them you want soft codes scanned, because they don't set the Check Engine Light.

Rivermikerat
Check your gas filter it might help : )

Brenankarol