WEIRD NOISE/BLUE SMOKE FROM DRIVER SIDE ENGINE COMPARTMENT

2003 Honda Civic • 121,000 miles

I have a 2003 Honda Civic EX with auo transmission with 121000 miles. It has been making a very strange noise sounds like a belt. No vibration. It's running fine, no fluid leaks, no check engine light, no overheating. The noise gets better as the car warms up. The other night, I smelled a burning smell and pulled over. Blue smoke was coming from the driver side engine rjust to the left of the power steering fluid reservoir. I then noticed that my A/C had stopped working. The timing belt, all other belts and the water pump were replaced at 112000 miles. I don't know if this is related but I hit a RR Xing really hard on the way to a meeting. When I left that meeting is when I noticed this noise. It so happens I had a front end alignment scheduled for the next day and asked the mechanic to nose around and see if he could find a possible source. They said they'd need to take the front part of the engine apart.
Myrrhdemarmion

Did you maybe hit the AC compressor? You're going to have to get in there and look and see most likely there is a belt smoking mayb some pulley siezed up.

I was wondering if it was that. Is it safe to drive or do I need to get it in ASAP? I didn't look to see if I had the A/C on when it started smoking or if it only smokes when I have the A/C or the fan on.

Myrrhdemarmion
I can't tell you if its safe to drive because I don't know what the problem is yet. Could be siezed pulley hopefully its not the timming belt.

It is possible the A/C or the tensioner pulley has seized causing the belt to overheat resulting the smoke and noise.

Thank you for your help! I'll take it from here.

Myrrhdemarmion
Your welcome that's what were here for.