WHAT WOULD CAUSE EXCESSIVE BLUE TINT SMOKE TO COME OUT OF EXHAUST

1995 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 220,000 miles

I recently but a new head gasket, new valve, seals, new camshaft seal, new valve cover gasket and spark plug seals, and my car is still burning a large amount of oil. Would it be my oil control rings that are bad
Apac408

It is probably the piston rings letting oil get by and into the combustion chamer. You took care of the head gasket and valve stem seals, so that is about all that is left.
You could do a compression test and ee if it is below spec then you would know if you might need to re-ring it which is not hard to do in a Honda. You would have to re-do the head gasket and then pull the crank with pistons out the bottom by removing oil pan. Then you would hone cylinders, measure and get proper rings for a good seal. Remember to keep parts in the same order when dis-assembling it as they must go back into the same place when assembling it.

Seeing as I am short on money would it be wise to just change out the oil control ring or since I am down there just rering the whole thing

Apac408
You have a bad leak and you are not addressing it correctly. I have told you to rectify the leak and run the engine to get residual oil out of the exhaust system but seems you do not believe what I have told you.

Have a good day and good luck.

Look guy no offense but I did fix the leak and I did run my engine for about a couple hours and it was still blowing lots of clouds of smoke. I have nothing against your advice its just I need a new look on things since I have done everything you said to do now. One more piece of information I did take off the head again and when I pulled it off there was nothing but oil in cylinder 2, 3, and 4. Cylinder number 1 was fine

Apac408
I would recheck the valve seals. Make sure you have the correct size.

The valve seals are felpro they are one size fits all

Apac408
With so much oil in cylinders, I don't think they are fitting that well. For this engine I would only use OEM valve seals.

Just throwing this out there but do you think it could be that some of the valves are getting stuck from carbon build up therefore letting oil seep into the combustion chamber. When I took off the head the last time my valves were pretty black and had lots of build up on it

Apac408
No. Carbon buildup would only affect engine compression which would result in rough idling, difficult starting and performance issues.

The valve seals are to prevent the oil from getting into the cylinders and exhaust system. If the valve guides are worn, which are rare for this engine, they would result in leakages through the seals as the valves would be tilting when in operations.

Ok so in doing a little research I found that my pcv valve and breather box can also be causing oil do burn off. When I took off my pcv valve there was oil in it and all in the tubes when I disconnected the breather box off there was nothing but oil in it my question is if I clean it out would this have been the problem also too I replaced the valve seals with oem ones and it was still burning oil. Also did a compression check and all cylinders blew 180

Apac408