TRANSMISSION

2003 Honda Accord • 3.0L 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 190,000 miles

I put a used transmission in a 2003 Honda accord 3.0. First and second change fine but third slips before it change. What could cause this? Also I have three set of sensors that are black and brown they all wiil put up to each other could they be crossed?
Dill-11

If it slips going into a gear either the seals are bad in that clutch pak or the clutch pak itself. The solenoids could be the same but it depends on the connectors. They all have different colored wires going to them though so it can shift properly. However those are probably not your cause.

Orgot to add, a trans guy shold check this out however for a proper diagnosis

How do I check the fluid in park running or not? When I check it in park it seams to have fluid still in the dip stick tube. Cloud it be to full. The manual say check hot engine off never heard of that.

Dill-11
Check it the way the manual says but I kind think it sounds like there is to much fluid in it. Normally that gets blown out the vent though.

Well I had drove it. Shouldn't it came out then if it was over full?

Dill-11
If it got warm enough yes if you only drove less than 10 miles then it wouldn't have. You migh thave had to drive it further. I can't find any info on how to check it. Ok I did find the way to check it. You have to shut engine off and check fluid within 60-90 seconds of shutting engine off. Also you have to heat trans until the cooling fan comes on.