RUN THEN WONT START BACK UP

2003 Ford Taurus

Will start fine when cold, go to the store turn it off come back will turn over but wont start. Few times already
Walkerplay

Next time it refuses to start check for fuel and spark-also go to this link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

It is firing, no code came up either.

Walkerplay
Is it cranking?

Djcl
After bout 20 min it will start
. The starter is working.

Walkerplay
When its not starting check for spark on 2 plug wires @ the spark plug boots. Use a spark tester or a screwdriver in the end of the spark plug boot. Hold the end near the handle about a quarter of an inch from a known good ground. When cranking there should be rapid sparks jumping the air gap. Check fuel psi and injector pulse. Hope this helps. Tell me the year and engine size with the 8th letter of the vin number.

Djcl
We had the exact same problem for a long time and of course the third and cheapest rout was what fixed it. A FUEL INJECTION IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE that I got off eBay for roughly 30 bucks, was super easy to install and fixed it right up. The other 2 things we tried that didn't help us but might help you if the other doesn't----the most common responce was that it was the ignition module. Not cheap, about 100 bucks on eBay, but real easy to put it. Last, a fuel pump. Cheap to buy, but we had to pay for someone to put it in and it was a real bummer when it didn't fix the problem. Good luck!

Kittylouise
Thanks I will try the fuel injection
idle control

Walkerplay
If the idle valve is not working you could press down on the gas peddle and see if it starts.

Djcl