A/C PROBLEM

2003 Dodge Stratus • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 56,000 miles

I have a dodge stratus 2003 with weird a/c problems. Bought it a year ago. The a/c started not working so I had the a/c recharge and inspected a year ago and it still had problems right after. The dash control unit was acting up and the a/c would only work when I pushed in on the control unit in the dash. We had that replaced and a/c worked for several days and then didn't work. When I took it in for the 3rd time they couldn't get the a/c to malfunction. I got it back and same afternoon it didn't work. Then it started working when engine was cold but stopped working in hot afternoons. When the compressor came on it would work but the compressor would not come on at hottest time of day. Went through the winter and took it back in spring. Through winter compressor would not come on at all. Auto repair place thought they found the problem with a stuck pressure switch and replaced that and a/c worked good for a week. The next week on trip to L A a/c compressor would not come on again when we needed it going by bakersfield. When in LA did not work after two days compressor started working again, but on trip back up to northern calif. Started blowing hot again so we left the a/c on and every 15 or 20 minites the compressor would come om for a few seconds and then would go off. As the air temperature cooled, the a/c worked better and better. What seems to be the problem? I am going crazy with this problem.
Jjshady

When compressor does not cut in, you need to check the compressor clutch and relay for battery voltage.

We need to find out if the relay is being energised to provide power to the compressor clutch or if power is available while the compressor is not cutting in.