CHRYSLER PT CRUISER SENSOR PROBLEM

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 168,650 miles

I have a 2003 pt cruiser I have replaced head gasket, waterpump, radiator, thermostat and all upper engine gaskets also installed a new battery. The car ran before but over heated numerous times. After reassembly the car will not start. I have no spark but I am getting fuel pressure. Engine codes p0107 map/baro circuit low input, p0122 throttle/pedal position sensor switch a circuit low input. These codes come back soon as they are erased. Then when I crank the engine code p0340 cam position sensor A circuit bank 1 or single sensor circuit malfunction. It is a single sensor. And p0335 crankshaft position position sensor circuit malfunction. It has a 2.4L non-turbo automatic transmission. Please help.
Mectec2012

All of these codes can be set if the common 5 volts is missing to the sensors. Measure all three wires at the throttle position sensor. In this case you can unplug it and measure right on the terminals. Expect to find 5.0 volts on the center terminal, but you need to find it on one of the end terminals. If it's missing suspect that wire is cut or grounded. If it is grounded, the Engine Computer will shut the 5.0 volt supply down to protect it. Once the short is removed you usually have to cycle the ignition switch off and back on to reset it.

I found the problem. I had tested all aspects of the circuits they had ground and 4.8 volts reference. Which is common due to internal resistance in the copper wire. I pulled all connectors off all sensors and found the cam sensor connector and coil pack connector were the same design. I switched the two around and all codes went away and car runs great and no longer overheats. Thanks for you time and efforts to direct resolution to my question. Mectec2012.

Mectec2012
I don't think I would have figured that one out. Very happy to hear it's solved.