MY CAR IS EMMITTING BLUE SMOKE, CAN THIS BE CAUSED BY A RECENT OIL CHANGE?

2002 Toyota Camry • 153,000 miles

I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry from a used car lot in May 2012. I do not know when the previous oil change was done on the car before buying. In September of 2012 I got the 1st oil change. I was not the person driving the car so I didnt know that it had gone almost 10,000 without an oil change so I took the car and got one done myself. Now the car has blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Could that be from a bad oil change or just because it went soo long with out an oil change. I just put almost $900 of work into the car and do not have the money to rebuild and engine. Can you give me any advice?

thanks, Ruthie
Rsyech24

If new oil was put in and the oil filter was put on and the oil change was done correctly iwould say that didnt cause the smoke.

It was the lack of regular oil changes and the damage is done. One of the most important things you can do is regular oil changes.

Over filling of engine oil can result in smoke as well.

If the level was correct that would mean the oil change wasnt done correctly.

If the level wasnt correct I ment to say the oil change wasnt done correctly.