SATURN VUE CARRIER BEARING PROBLEM

2002 Saturn Vue • 100,000 miles

Hello fellow carpros memebrs,
I have a 2002 Saturn Vue V6 3.0L AWD (first generation), I recently have had the carrier bearing and 2 universal joints, and am wanting to replace the transfer case (ptu-power take off unit) and rear differential what is the correct fluid, as I have read mixed answers some say they take the same fluid others say different.
X2006nzl

So why are you replacing all that?I have worked on the vue since it first came out I replaced some carrier bearings but to see both the ptu and rear diff fail at the same time?I replaced some rear diff kits but not the whole assembly and have resealed some ptus. Just want to make sure your not wasting your money.

Tks for reply. Maybe I said it wrong. I replaced the u joints and carrier bearings on the driveshaft. I am changing the fluids in the ptu and rear differential and wondering what fluids. It is so confusing some people say use gm some say royal purple different grades same grades just confused. Just wondering what people are using tks

X2006nzl
The diff takes gm versatrak fluid sorry it took so long to respond we have been having issues with are email alerts when we get replies.