REPLY REGARDING W/ CHECK LIGHT ON BUT NOT CODES

2002 Saturn L100 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 49,000 miles

One was an auto parts shop, but the other was an independent mechanic that I have used for many years. His machine was much larger, but both went under the dash to the left of the steering column. I presume that both checked the engine's computer.

As to the ABS, my insurance company is giving me a small credit for ABS, but I find no evidence of it in the car or the owners manual. I can tell you from experience that it does not have ABS brakes, or else they have never worked since I have owned the car (30K miles, 5 years).

I appreciate your reply. It sound like I will have to take it to a dealer (Chevy now, I think) and probably pay them for a diagnostic check to see what they can find. If it is accident related, hopefully I can go back to my insurance company for coverage since I have alread paid the deductible for the accident.
Jerryl

Please post responses on the first question you asked if you start a new question to post a response like you did I dont get a email alert telling me you posted a new response. Also people think its a new question confusing for everyone. Even the more expensive or larger scanner dont always read the body abs etc computers.I would say at this point take it to the dealer have them read thr codes. Post the exact numbers for me to see and I can help you out more.

I appreciate your help. I will contact a dealer tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Somehow I lost the option of replying on your earlier response, so I replied using the only option I could find. Hopefully I won't screw it up next time.

Many thanks!

Jerryl
Your welcome keep me posted.

After doing more research on the internet, I called my mechanic this AM, advised something more than a basic reader was needed to read the BCM. He also had that tester, checked and found when the driver rear wheel was replaces, apparently some brake fluid was lost and not replaced. Refilling the master cylinder solved all problems, both lights now out.

I appreciate your help

Jerryl
Your welcome glad to hear you got it all figured out.