WHAT CAUSES A CHIRPING SQUEAKING NOISE IN OLDS ? ALSO, WHAT CAUSES A POPPING NOISE WHEN I TURN THE STEERING WHEEL TO THE LEFT SHARLPY?

2002 Oldsmobile Alero • 159,000 miles

My car has a squeaking or chirping moise coming from under the hood and it gets louder upon acceleration. Also, when I cut my wheels sharply to the left I hear a popping noise.
Wildmarymom

Sounds like a bad belt. Have it checked by a shop to verify.

I have had the belt checked and it was fine.

Wildmarymom
You can check it by simply spraying water on it while running. F the noise goes away, the belt is bad. If not, then you may have a bearing or pulley failing.

Thanks, Roy. If it were a bearing or pulley failing, could it cause any further problems if I continue driving it as is? Also, can you give me any ideas on what the costs (labor and parts) to fix something like this?
One more question, as stated in my first question. When I cut my steering wheel sharply to the left, I hear a popping noise. Thats the best I can describe it.

Wildmarymom
Hard to say with a pulley or bearing. It will fail, the question is when and where it will fail on you.
Need more specifics to give an estimate.
The noise may be an axle joint on extreme turns.