FRONT END CREAK

2002 Honda Civic • 79,000 miles

Hi I have a creaking noise in my 2002 honda civic front end. Could it be the ball joints?The noise is intermittent I'm having a hard time finding it. It happens after being driven for a while. I was a mechanic for many years and have been out of the loop for a while. I remember older hondas had ball joint problems/creaked and broke. Are they a common problem on this year civic?I jacked the car up and everything looks good. Please help me. Thanks Neil
Neils2002civic

Neil: The ones that are built today are much better than the old ones. That is a good thing. As far as your problem, does it do it when you hit bumps, turn? My first guess is the sway bar bushings.

Hi Jacob thanks for the quick response. I've had the car on a lift everything looks good. Are the sway bar bushings a common problem? Are there any common front end creaking problems with these year Civics? I've work on cars a long time and I'm baffled the car feels like a new car on the road. Thanks Neil

Neils2002civic
Neil: The only creaks that I have seen have been from dry sway bar bushings. Try spraying things with WD40 to see if the noise goes away. As far as the ball joints, yes they could make noise. However, you mentioned that you checked them.

Hi Jacob The noise was the left side stabilizer link thanks for the help

Neils2002civic
Glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future.