AIR NOT COMING OUT OF DASH VENTS

2002 Ford Expedition • 168,523 miles

I have a digital climate control unit, the dash vents does not blow air but if I switch it to roof vent or other vents they operate. I have checked the vents openings and someone told me to ck the black tubing / line behind the battery to see if it is melted. And if their is a cabin filter, where is it located?
Mrrjq28

There is a cabin air filter. It is behind the glove box area. I'm not sure I understand the other question.

There is a plate on the bottom of the airbox that holds the cabin air filter. Check fuses, vacuum lines, and cables under the dash at the heater and air controls.

Rivermikerat
The problem that I have is that when I use the a/c or the fan, it will not blow throught the dash vents. But if I switch it to the vent on the interior roof or to the rear or the defroster, it blows fine. Keep in mind that I have a digital climate control unit that over see/controls which vent to use. Could it be the unit or cabin filter? What should I ck?

Mrrjq28
I assume it is an automatic climate control system. It is all electronic controlled. It could be a stuck or bad motor for operating the direction of flow. Not something you can check unless you are familiar with this system. A shop with a scan tool can look at the hvac module for any codes and manipulate the mode doors for operation. It may require removal of the dash to check the mode door itself.
I suggest a shop for help