CAR IN LIMP HOME MODE? SOLENOID THE CAUSE?

2002 Dodge Stratus • 97,000 miles

I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus that went into limp home mode today. I stopped by AutoZone and got a free diagnostic test. If I provide the codes, can someone please help me understand what I need to do and if the car is safe to drive in the mean time until I can figure out exactly what needs done? The codes I got were p0700 and p0705. Everything I've read so far points to a solenoid, but I would really like some personalized device.
Natealbright

P0705 – Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction(PRNDL Input)

This refers to the neutral safety switch and would be a relatively inexpensive repair. In general, a switch, speed sensor, or other electrical problem will put the system in limp mode as soon as you shift into drive or reverse. It will stay in second gear to allow you to drive it slowly to a repair shop without needing a tow truck.

If it defaults to limp mode during or right after an up-shift or down-shift, it is usually caused by slippage in one of the clutch packs. That requires a rebuild.

Thank you for the quick and timely response. However, I actually had a typo in my question. The code was not P0705 but rather P0755. Any further input would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Natealbright
700 is a general trans failure code. Common for these units and as said above, is internal and most likely has to come out and get re built.