PT CRANKS NO START PLEASE HELP

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 112,000 miles

Hi I am working on a Chrysler PT 2.4l Crank no start had codes for Cam sensor and crank sensor both sensors are good. I do have spark and fuel. Timing belt is intact any ideas. I know its possible belt has slipped timing but any ideas that I can try before having to take cover off to chekc marks?
Jjimenez8891

How do you know that the sensors are ok?

Mhpautos
All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

You may have already performed some of these tests but we need all of them to form any conclusion

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Wrenchtech
I have replaced the sensors.I do have Spark and Injector pulse. Also fuel pressure is normal.I will check compression. Thanks

Jjimenez8891