2002 Chevrolet Venture • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 150 miles
How do I changed a fuel injector?
December 30, 2010.
December 30, 2010.
1. disconnect the battery, releive the fuel pressure,Remove the air intake boot, unplug mass air flow sensor, unplug air intake temp. sensor., unplug the egr valve and remove it, 2-10mm bolts, remove the 13mm nut holding the heater tube to the throttle body.
2. Remove the throttle cable and cruis control cable, remove the throttle cable bracket, 2-10mm bolts, 1-10mm nut.
3. Remove the 2 clamps and loosen the 2 coolant hoses going to the throttle body.
4.Take off the pcv valve and vaccum line, remove the pcv hose from the rear vale cover. Disconnect the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator, and the vacuum line on the left rear of the upper plenum.
5. Note the placement of the spark plug wires and remove all 6 of them, unplug the coil pack, 2 connectors on each side, then remove the coil pack 2-13-mm nuts on the bottom, 2-10mm bolts on the top.
6. remove the 13mm bolt from the top of the alternator, then remove the 13mm nut holding the alternator bracket to the upper intake plenum, unplug the map sensor then remove the map sensor and vaccum line, 2-7mm bolts.
7. remove the two 13mm bolts in the Left rear of the upper intake plenum, then remove the 8 10-mm bolts in the upper intake plenum and remove the plenum. When sliding the plenum off to the left remove the 2 coolant hoses going to the throttle body.
8. unplug the injector wiring harness, remove the 2 10mm nuts holding the injector rail to the lower intake, remove the 1- 10mm bolt holing the fuel lines to the bracket on the right side of the rear head.
9. remove the injector that needs replaced. or injector 'o' ring that needs replaced, lube all of the injector 'o' rings, and reverse procedure to install.
Just wondering what sensors i need to replace.codes as follows.p0135,p0155,p0133.two of the codes say bank 1 sensor 1 the other says bank2 sensor 1.I think bank means driver or ...
2 answers • 2002 Dodge Intrepid • 100,500 miles
Hi hope you can help, this is a general question. 2 wire sensors, crank and cam are referred to as inductive, magnetic, whilst 3 wire sensors are Hall effect. Can a inductive, magnetic ...
3 answers • 2010 All Other Makes All Other Models
I had a rough starting when cold issue. Checked the codes and discovered two codes for a lean condition in both banks. After not finding a vac leak, I replaced the MAF with a ...
2 answers • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado • 170,779 miles
Describe the type sensor of the Knock sensor is on this vehicle and how it should be tested.?
1 answer • 2002 Chrysler 300 • 100 miles