ABOUT THE TIMING CHAIN ON L-200

2001 Saturn L200 • 94,000 miles

The BELT, SERPENTINE DRIVE and TENSIONER, SERPENTINE BELT on my Saturn 2001, L-200, were replaced in 2005. Do these repairs cover everything required on the Timing Chain replacement that must be done on the vehicles with faulty timing chain? I hope this question reaches you as I wrote it. Thank you for your attention.
Lucia T

If all that was replaced was the serpentine belt and tensioner, no. The timing belt is a completely different belt.

Rivermikerat
Thank you for your quick response. Since I currently live in Argentina and, according to customs and insurance companies contacted, Saturn is totally unknown here, when it comes to parts what brands are compatible with Saturn 2001 L-200? Someone mentioned the Impala, but haven't asked if it's known here. I appreciate any guidance, opinions or suggestions. Being so far away from home I feel very lucky to have found your website. Thanks again.

Lucia T
Find a GM dealership. Then leave Argentina, Chavez is going to cause a war soon if he isn't careful. : ) Brazil is safer and I plan on moving there in a few months.

Rivermikerat