COMPUTER CODES

2001 Saturn L200

Computer problem
2001 Saturn L200 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I have a Saturn that we've diagnosed as having a bad Body control module. There also may be a problem with the anti-theft (which may or may not be related to the bcm) and possibly a bad ignition switch/key.

My wife called and explained the problem and they said they'd work on the car. My father and I towed the car 60 miles (we live in a very rural area) and left it. They called back yesterday and said their computer wouldn't talk to the car because GM deleted their " Saturn codes".

Don't all Saturns have ODB II computers? This sounds very suspect to me, but we're picking the car up and towing it back 60 miles then another 45 in the opposite direction to a place GM assures us can work on the car.

I'm just curious - does this sound possible?
Jodyperkins

Sounds really strange because if gm deleted Saturn then how do the Saturn dealers still in bussiness program there cars Saturn is suppose to around untill oct of this yr and even after that there will still be saturns under factory warranty that gm dealers like chevy will have to warranty so that's really strange never heard that one. As far as the codes goes obd2 is for the engine computers there programing the body computer. And if u have a bad bcm sometimes u just can't talk to them u just have to put a new one in and program it and relearn the passlock. The new bcm will probably fix ur antitheft problem too. Let me know how it goes.