SATURN L200 TIMING CHAIN PROBLEM

2002 Saturn L200 • 140,000 miles

The car ran fine but the timing chain was making a knocking sound from too much slack. So I replaced the timing chain. Now it runs rough and shows P0301 misfire cyl 1. I checked compression and it has zero compression on cyl 1. I didn't find any coolant in oil. Any help would be a big help.

How did it run before you replaced the timing chain?Was everything timed correctly when replacing the timing chain?

It ran fine before. I even tore it all back down and redid the timing to make sure it was right.

Chrisbad89m
Sounds like a valve issue if its timed correctly doesn't make sense that it ran fine before unless it bent some valves before the chain replacement. I have never had that happen to me from just replacing chain on those cars.

I took the valve cover off and cranked the motor over. All the valves seemed to be moving normally.

Chrisbad89m
You can use a cylinder leak down tester to see where the compression is going.