NO START ISSUE

2001 Pontiac Grand Am • 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 176,669 miles

I am stumped. My grand am will not start at all. I drove to a park and ride one day last month. Went to work. When I got back to my car, it started up like normal, but when I put the car in drive, it died. I started it again, put it in drive, and it died again. The third time it wouldn't start at all and hasn't started since. It acts like it wants to start with starter fluid, but just won't fire. Here's what I've replaced. Fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, crank sensor, spark plugs, coil pack, ignition control module, body control module, and new relays. All spark plugs good. I've check grounds and they are all good. Please help. I've lost my job because of my car not starting, and I've been sitting for a month.
Chris0213917

Check fuses underhood and try resetting your security system see pic

Already done that. No security light on or flashing. Checked all fuses and relays under hood and in car. All good.

Chris0213917
Check the fuses in pic with test light as well as erls fuse all are underhood then probe the orange an dred wires leading from the two fuses to see if power is going through, may not be. Finally test to see if ignition module is getting power or not. Also body module has not much to do with then engine running and if it wasn't programmed to your car it won't work right anyhow.

Checked all fuses with test light. Checked the power to ICM. Its good, and power from those fuses. Good. And yes bcm was reprogrammed.

Chris0213917
Without looking at this I can't tellyou then. I imagine it has been scanned for codes and fuel pressure was checked with a gauge. I would lean towards the cam sensor as you have nothing saying whether it was checked etc. Check red wire at cam sensor for voltage if none there check for short to ground between pcm and cmp check pink/blk wire with test light if no light check for open the test light clip must be on positive for last test you will need a scanner to test ofr other thing son cam sensor. Also check coolant tem p sensor for resistance shold be around 2976 at 77 degrees. Other than that I have no other suggestions.

Why would coolant temp sensor matter in starting the car? And how can I check it if the car won't start? Its gonna be cold. Not 70 degrees.

Chris0213917
Your temp sensor should be close to what the tem p is outside. This should have been scanned to begin with. They go bad and won't let pcm read right it could be a bad pcm as well. But it needs scanning instead of the shotgun approach.