HAS FUEL, HAS SPARK, WHY WONT IT START?

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 140,000 miles

3.0 v6 automatic non turbo. Needed valve covers replaced. While changing valvecovers we replaced upper plenum gasket, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. After all was complete car started and took a little bit to idle by itself but then was fine. Daughter got in and left with it (drove across town) and it died. Has spark, has fuel, and will not start. We pulled the front 3 plugs (2, 4, 6) and the plugs were soaked and looking down in cylinder to see a pool of fuel. My friend brought over a computer scanner and we got two codes p0116 and p0201. We replaced the water temp sensor and still will not start. He cleared codes and still nothing. Please help! God bless
Fordsux26

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

We have spark and fuel.

We took the timeing belt covers off and the cams line up with there designated marks along with the number one cylinder at TDC

Still no luck. Again I have spark, I have fuel and my timing is on and it still will not start.

Fordsux26
You sure its not on the exhaust stroke recheck and verify