WHILE PUMPING GAS THE NOZZLES CLICKS OFF WITHOUT IT BEING FULL WHAT IS WRONG AND HOW TO FIX IT

2001 GMC Jimmy • 135,000 miles

I go to pump gas and every few cents the nozzle clicks off and the tank is not full
Dolphin79791

First thing I would do se see if the computer has any codes in it. You could have a vent valve issue a spider built a web blockng the vent something in the fill tube restricting gas flow into the tank etc.

I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT YOU VEHICLE

rockauto.com SHOWS THIS TO BE YOUR FILLER.....SEE MY 1ST PIC

THAT LITTLE TUBE ON THE SIDE IS A VENT, IT SHOULD ALLOW AIR TO RUSH OUT ARE FUEL ENTERS

SEE MY ANSWER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2004-ford-focus-tried-put-gas-this-morning-kept-bubbling-out

ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT "YOUR FILLER" IN THE LINK I SENT, I FEEL SURE THERE IS PROBABLY A CHECK BALL AS IN THIS ONE FROM A DODGE

OTHER THAN MAYBE A STICKING BALL,

DID THIS HAPPEN SUDDENLY?

MAYBE SOMEONE DON'T CARE A LOT ABOUT YOU?.....OR THE YOUNGINS CRAMMED ROCKS/ TOYS/ BROKE OFF SIPHON HOSE/ USE YOUR IMAGINATION! , DOWN INTO YOUR FILLER. NOW IT'S ALL STACKED UP ON THE CHECK BALL.....RESTRICTING FUEL FLOW IN AS YOU ATTEMPT TO PUMP IT IN

JUST SOME REAL WORLD THOUGHTS....I HAVE NOT SEEN IT ALL (BUT MORE THAN MY SHARE), MAYBE YOU HAVEN'T EITHER!

MAYBE REMOVING THE FILLER FOR A CLOSER INSPECTION FROM THE TANK END MIGHT BE IN ORDER

WHACHU THINK?

I have seen a siphon hose broken off in a filler neck causing the pump to click off after like 60 cents worth of gas.I have also seen stuck vent valves spiders building webs clogging vents etc.

CAN YOU ACTUALLY STOP A PUMP AT $0.60 AND ACTUALLY SEE PRODUCT?

LOL!