STUMBLES AND STALLS

2001 Ford Taurus • 195,000 miles

Hello I have a 2001 ford taurus and it has a rough idle and wants to shut down it has the 3.0 motor. Its giving me a code of 1401 which I know has something to do with emissions. What the car is doing is when I go to take off I have no pedal response then it grabs and just takes off any help would be great thank you, also the car will start right back up no issues with starting
Ceddy2_

Have the EGR system checked, possible a DPFE sensor, EGR valve stuck open or a vacuum hose leak on the DPFE sensor-

Hello thanx for the reply I changed vac sensor/the dpfe sensor it ran good for awhile I took it on the highway it ran good till I cam to a stop then it started the stunbling and stalling again I did notice a strange feel it smelled like exauast gases. Does the EGR valve open and closes at diffrent speeds that may be my issue thanx

Ceddy2_
The EGR opens as soon as the throttle is open and should be fully closed at idle if not it will cause an erractic idle, opens too soon will cause an hesistation-try cleaning it out and see what happens