I HAVE A 6CYL IM TRYING TO REPLACE A FUEL PUMP RELAY AND IM TRYING TO IDENTIFY WHICH IT IS BECAUSE I SEE MORE THAN ONE OF THOSE

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

We know where the fuse box is for the fuel pump relay just trying to find which one is it because the plugins look alike
Lamsha

While cranking see if you have power to both sides of the fuel pump fuse if you do the relay is working.

Refer to diagram.

Thanks alot for diagram and the connectors to the fuel pump one of its prong has a burnt mark on it what could that possibly be

Lamsha
One of the terminals to the fuel pump module is burnt?If so probably a bad fuel pump. Do you have power and ground to the fuel pump while cranking the engine?

Yes it does have power

Lamsha
If there is power and ground to the fuel pump and its not working bad fuel pump.

Not sure but when I crank it up it acts as if it wants to start but it is not getting gas to start could it be the relay?

Lamsha
If you getting power and ground at the fuel pump module at the gas tank the relay is working.

How do you check for the power and ground to the fuel pump module

Lamsha
I would first try what I first said and see if you have power to both sides of the fuel pump fuse while cranking if you do the relay is working. Where did you see the melted terminal at?

Page 1 of 2