SQUEELING SOUND

2000 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 140,000 miles

I have a 2000 ford ranger and its making a squeeling sound at the front of the motor. I noticed that the pully that the belt just rides on(don't know if you call it a idler pully or a guide pully)moves in & out some, could that be the cause of the squeeling sound?
Redace

What condition is the belt in?

PROTECH1980
The belt is in great condition, It just started making this noise a few days ago!

Redace
How do I find your answers to my question on this site?

Redace
Sorry about the delay in response, sometimes serpentine belts can be noisy even if the look ok, what I would do is remove the belt paying close attention to the tensioner making sure it moves freely(putting tension on belt, then once remove hand spin each component( idler, power steering pump, a/c if it has, alternater etc. To see if any thing is noisy, if not I would lean towards a belt. As far as play in the idler pully if it is excessive it should be replaced. Hope this helps. I will be on here for about another hour if you have any questions.

PROTECH1980