7.3 POWER STROKE DIESEL TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START

2000 Ford F-450

It ran fine then he turned it off and when he went back to start it, it tryed to start sputtered then died when tried to start again it just turns over but won't start, we contact a local ford dealer mechanic and he thought maybe it was the cam sensor so we replaced that and it still does the same, also checked to make sure it was getting enough fuel
Jenniferv444

How did you check for fuel?

Could be a high pressure pump ilure as it needs a very high pressure to start. I would not replace anything more on guesses. Get a shop with a scan tool to monitor the pump and other readings.

He checked with a line on top of the engine when turned over fuel was coming out fine. Ok u said high pressure pump line? And will it show codes even if it won't start?I mean doesn't it need to be running to run a scan tool on it?

Jenniferv444
No, wont always code. If he cracked the line, the pressure to the injectors is about 580 lbs. That would be a significiant spray all over the place.

Ok so it should spray all over then? And it won't if the line is cracked? And where is this line? Is there a website u know of I can get a diagram to show me where it is?

Jenniferv444
The high pressure pump is in the intake valley in the back of the motor. if it is bad, you need a special gauge to verify as it is very expensive repair. cannot guess here, it has to be checked by someone with the orrect equipment.

web site of http://www.powerstroke.com