FORD F-150 HEATER PROBLEM

2000 Ford F-150 • 197,000 miles

Hi there,

On the above truck, I have had a heater problem. No heat to the cab. Just blows cold. So I had the heater core flushed, and that helped a tiny bit. Just this week, the radiator was replaced as well a the heater control valve. Now I have warmer heat, but I still don't have VERY warm heat that really gets the can toasty. The hoses to the heater core seem nice and pliable and the antifreeze and water mixture should be correct. What else can I check to determine what the culprit is? I really Would like my heat to be as good as my air is.

Thank you so much in advance,

Justin Kessler
Concord, NC
Snifferlip

See if both heater hoses going into the firewall to the heater core are getting too hot to hold?

Each of the heater hoses is about the same temperature as the upper radiator hose. They are pretty hot.

Snifferlip
If you move the temp knob does the blend door move?

It seems to. But I notice that when I am driving a good speed, I get pretty good heat, and when I'm sitting still it seems to be less warm. Is that of any significance?

Snifferlip
Alright see if both heater hoses at the fire wall going into the heater core are too hot to hold?Sounds like there isnt enough flow thru the heater core or the blent door isnt going all the way to hot.

Both heater hoses get about as hot as the upper radiator Jose does. I can touch it, but I can't hold it very long at all. If it is the blend door, can I access the actuator on this truck without removing the whole dash?

Snifferlip
I posted how to replace the motor that should help you see if its working.