1999 Ford Thunderbird Repair Question
How to I change the water pump
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove accessory drive belt(s) and water pump pulley. Remove electric cooling fan motor and shroud, if necessary. Remove power steering pump pulley. Expan
Remove water pump to power steering pump brace. HE
CAUTION: When bolts are removed, note if sealant is applied to threads. Some bolts are coated with sealant to prevent coolant leakage. ?
2. Disconnect coolant hoses as necessary. Remove water pump bolts and nuts. Note bolt location. Note if sealant is applied to bolt threads. Remove water pump assembly. ?
1. Install gasket using Gasket and Trim Adhesive (D7AZ 19B508 AA). To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Lightly oil threads of bolt and stud not containing thread sealant.
2. If bolts originally contained thread sealant, clean and reapply thread sealant to bolts. Tighten bolts and nuts to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS table. Fill cooling system.
3. Bleed air from cooling system by removing vent plug from elbow on intake manifold behind thermostat housing. DO NOT rotate plastic cap under vent plug, or gasket may be damaged. Fill cooling system until
coolant flows from vent plug. Install and tighten vent plug to 11 ft. lbs. (15 N.m).
17,748 answers provided