FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS

1999 Ford Explorer • 100,000 miles

I have verified I had a bad fuel pump. Removed tank, pump was packed and seized. Went ahead and changed filter too. Put new pump and tank back in, still no fee to engine. No pressure at rail. Fuel lines poured fuel when removed, so not clogged, I think. Voltage to pump seems ok. Think maybe bad connector contacts in tank, one was corroded. Cleaned them up, so maybe that not it. Next step is to remove connectors and make a wire splice in the tank for the pump itself. Sending unit ok. Cant find regulator. Whats going on?
Andrewww

New module should come with all the wiring needed inside the tank some may have to transfer fuel sender

check ground wire and make sure when key 1st on and or when engine cranking have power too

BMRFIXIT
Fuel pump module

BMRFIXIT
I have a complete new fuel pump, voltage is ok to wiring outside of tank. Just pulled tank and am going to manually hook up to a batter to check internal connections

Andrewww
Fire FIRE
use an ohm meter

BMRFIXIT
Dont use battery power to test fuel pump any spark will cause a fire
if have power and ground outside the tank
replace the module not just the pump

BMRFIXIT
I was told the module is ok because I can hear it turn on, and see the fuel level on the guage, and voltage reads ok. Theres only a pump and a relay, dont know what you mean by module, that picture looks nothing like my pump.

Andrewww
Your pump mudule is metal with wires going thro it

you hear the module !

BMRFIXIT
Wires come into pump housing top plate, straight into "sending relay" off of that, straight into pump w/ one plastic connector in between. So far, no mechanic has been able to help much. When I turnt he key, I hear the "buzz" for the normal couple of seconds. No fuel pressure. The only thing I can figure is that connector for the "pump" itself is bad, it was corroded and I thought I cleaned it up well, but maybe not. I assumed the buzz sound was the pump priming.

Andrewww
Wrong image, sorry. The assembly is fairly similar though, minus the return or vacuum line on top. Float is a little different but I bet I could use either pump, almost ident.

Andrewww
I know what the pump looks like and what you have is very close to it
if the pump is priming than you dont have an electric problem
make sure dont have an internal fuel leak where the pump is pumping the fuel back into the tank
defective fuel pump
or the way its connected to the sensder

BMRFIXIT
Page 1 of 2