IS MY FUEL PUMP BAD

1999 Ford Explorer • 150,000 miles

Four days ago car wouldn't start plugs fired but no fuel.I swapped relays around and the pcm relay was bad. Replaced it and the car ran fine. Now today it did the same thing, but when I swapped relays it didn't start. Checked the fuses as well and they are good. Has spark at plugs. Can't here fuel pump cut on. Can here relays clicking. Inertia switch is not tripped. No fuel pressure at check valve on fuel line on manifold.
Madmav77

Most likely a failed fuel pump if it is running and no fuel at the line

Would that cause the pcm relay to go bad.

Madmav77
I doubt it was. The pump was probably an intermittent failure and then went to a full failure. The pump was most likely the entire issue

Okay, I want to check the power going to the fuel pump before I drop the tank just to be sure, and isolate the problem. Where is the wire harness that goes to the pump and do you know which color wire is what

Madmav77
Look at the color of the wires on the inertia switch. The one going to the back will be the wire.

The connector is by the lr wheel attached to the top of the rail by the side of the tank. I believe it is a 4 wire plug. Remember, you will only get power for 2 seconds with the key on.