IMMOBILISER FAULT

1997 Ford Explorer

1997 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

this car immobilizer transmitter packed up. The system on the car is a bosche p/n f005 v0 0021 ford p/n f77f-14b207-aa type vim 171 I have bypassed 2 circuits and now have crank and fuel pump feed, however, the fuel pump does not run. There is now spark at the plugs and the engine fires up on easy start. Unfortunately, the car is stuck on the customers drive, so I cant gain access to the pump(the fuel tank has to be removed). Am I missing something? Or could it be coincidence that the car ran fine before the immobiliser failed, and the pump has had it aswell?I should point out this is a uk car. Thanks in advance. Mark. Just to add, the fuel shut off inertia switch is ok. There is a feed on the fuel pump wire as far as I can get to, which is the multi plug in the chassis to the front of the tank. Thanks, mark
Abbzey

Did you check the Inertia Fuel Shutoff Switch? Usually, if the immobilizer has been tampered with, you have to manually reset the switch. Located at below right side of instrument panel, behind front kick panel. Description is for US model, though.

Zackman
Hi my dad has a ford explorer with the same bosch immobiliser unit in it. He has been in hospital for seven weeks and when he came out last week the battery has gone flat on the vehicle and now charged the immobiliser/key fob wont program back in. I have tried the ways of how to do it discribed on the net and cant get into the programming mode. I was intersed to read that you have bypassed the unit and would really be happy to get his car going again as he could do with it at the moment and dont like driving around in my mums deawoo haha. Could you please tell me how you bypassed the unit?
At the moment it wont crank has no spark and no fuel
please can you help on this
ps I have already removed the unit from the rear of the vehicle and the remote he has has a new battery and has been tested with a remote tester and is working fine
many thank Adrian

Aidycox
Also it is a uk spec 97/98 and has no transponder in the key
thanks once again

Aidycox
You nneed to link 1 of the wires on the immobiliser to an earth (unfortunately I cant remember wich 1) this will allow the vehicle to crank. However, for the vehicle to start, you must remove the petrol tank, and bypass the electronic box that inhibbits the fuel pump. Its not a nice job. Please remember that removal of the immobiliser can affect you insurance. Sorry for the late reply, good luck

Abbzey
Hi and thank you for your reply I now have crank but no spark is there another bypass for this?

Aidycox
If I remember correctly, there is another connection. I think its an ign feed that when you link it, it puts the engine management light on this will give you a spark also. But for the life of me I cant remember what connections they are. Sorry.

Abbzey
Thanks mate for the advise iv got it running now just got to put it back together tomorrow. Wouldnt have done it without your help
saved my dad some money and got him back in his beloved explorer
thanks again

Aidycox
Hi, abbzey and aidycox!
I have the same car and same problem. Can You tell me, what circuits you've bypassed? How I can find this circuits? Thanks! I hope for You replay.

Thanks to all. The problem has solved.

DNK