ACURA RL STEERING PROBLEM

1999 Acura RL • 155,000 miles

Recently had rack and pinion job. Wondering why in the AM when car is cold my steering feels easy/effortless (as it should). But soon after a few minutes driving the steering is less easy. Any idea? Could they have used the wrong power steering fluid?

The pump could be weak. During cold start the engine would be running at a higher rpm and this would provide a higher pressure to the system.
Try increasing the engine rpm to test if the steering becomes lighter to turn.

Could it be another reason? I tried increasing RPM while parked, steering still tighter feeling than when I first jump into car after its been parked for a while.

Afsound
I also added some more honda PS fluid (it was near the low indication line. Something they should have topped off, no?)

didnt feel any change at all.

I need to find a better mechanic. This was an expensive job too.

Afsound
Under normal circumstances the engine idling speed should not affect the steering effort.

When engine is started from cold, the idling speed would be higher and pump is putting more pressure and when it warms up, the idling speed would drop reducing the pressure. This symptom indicates a fault with the pump and I would suggest getting back to the people who did the job and getting them to resolve it for you under warranty.