HIGH IDLE

1998 Saturn SL1 • 135,000 miles

Soo would the coolant temp sensor if bad throw the throttle postion sensor code if it bad or is that that sensor cause ive been reading alot on these cars with high idles and most are the coolant temp sensor just wonder cause I picked this car up pretty cheap cause of the high idle
98 staurn

A bad coolant temp sensor can cause a code P0711 but not a tps code. What is the exact code number you have not code descriptions? Also can your scan tool read live data like the tips sensor?

I took it to auto zone and the tps was the first that popped up but I didnt kno if that would cause idle a 2000 all time
times

98 staurn
It can cause high idle and hard shifting it could be the wires I really doubt its the sensor itself.I have seen very few go bad in all the years I have worked for Saturn.

The exact code number would really help.

Well its a manual trans ive just been reading alot on these forums about the coolant temp sensor making a high idle but didnt kno cause the tps code was the first code thrown at autozone

98 staurn
The tips miss reading can cause a high idle the best way to diagnosed it is get a scan tool that can read live data like tps etc There like 50 or so on amazon. Or take it to a shop to diagnose. Your going to need tools like a multi meter scan tool that can read live data etc to diagnose it.