HEAT & A/C

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue • 159,000 miles

My 1998 oldsmobile intrigue will not put out heat or A/C the only thing that will work on it is the rear window defrost what is my problem
Michaelparr

So is your inside blower fan inop at all speeds is that what your trying to say?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

The blower dont work at all and I have no meter to test with just a test light and I dont thank that will help me out

Michaelparr
You can test for power with the test light but to check for a ground with it you would need to hook the aligator to a power source on the cars electrical system. Turn the blower on high with the key in the run position. Then wiggle the plug at the blower motor see if it starts working. Also smack the blower motor with your hand see if it starts working. Also unplug the blower motor and see if ethier terminal looks open. Check and see if your getting power to the blower motor. You should invest in a multimeter there cheap and have a lot of uses. Let me know what you find.

It wont put iut no heat or air though the blower motor itself is bad I know that for a fact it was making a noise last year and then quit but now it wont even put out heat plus when it did put out heat it would only do it on the passenger side vents not the driver side it was blowing out cold

Michaelparr
So you know the blower motor is bad for sure?If you know the blower motor is bad then what is question?If you know the blower motor is bad replace it and we will go from there.

Yes the blower is bad it was making a clicking noise last winter and I could smack it and it would some what stop the noise but it was still making the noise just not as loud like something was in it kinda like a playing card being put into a fan like we use to do as kids to make it have that clicking sound but shouldn't it still put out heat? Just not with force by the blower? It should still get warm right? If it should still get warm well its not doing nothing it wont even get cold

Michaelparr
It uses the blower motor to blow air across the heater core for heat and blow it into the cabin of the car. Also the blower blows air across the evaporator for cold air into the cabin. No air no heat or cold its not like those radiators they use in homes to make radante heat. Both the heater core and the evaporator core are deep in the dash and need the blower motor to get the heated or cooled air out. Lets start with getting blower motor working and see how the coldand hot air works. You can test it like I explained earlier.

Ok thank you and how much would it be for a blower motor?

Michaelparr
It all depends on where you buy it if you shop around you will save money.If you buy it online verus locally it will probably be cheaper.Online i would try amazon and http://www.rockauto.com i have a 5 percent discount code for rock auto i will share with you if you need it.

Yes please cause I want too get this done before cold weather hits

Michaelparr