AC LOW PRESSURE PORT MEASUREMENT T

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

My AC was working but would cut out after awhile and just blow whatever temperature the outside air was. I figured the AC just needed to be recharged so I bought a recharge kit and when I did the initial pressure check prior to charging the system I found that the system was actually over charged to about 100psi when it should be at around 35-45psi. Any suggestions? I'm trying to save some money by not taking it to the dealership, but I'm stumped on this one.

Paul4499

First of all thank you so much for your donation. When you hooked up the hose to your a/c was the charging can punctured?Also while the a/c clutch is cycling is cooling fan running?

The recharging can is fully sealed and intact, just bought it from a auto parts store.

BUT. The cooling fans are not running while the car is turned on and the AC at max.

Could this be the problem and if so could you suggest a solution?

Thanks for the help

Paul4499
Yes the fan not coming on could very well be the problem. If the fan doesn't come on then the a/c pressure's get too high and cause the a/c compressor to cycle. Does the fan come on when the engine warms up so the engine can be cooled down?I also emailed you a trouble tree for cooling fan inop and a cooling fan wire diagram to your personal email. Please post all question's and what you find on this posted question so other user's can learn from your problem.