MITSUBISHI GALANT CLUTCH PROBLEM

1998 Mitsubishi Galant • 180,000 miles

I have a 1998 Mitshubishi Galant ES. It's also a manual transmission/clutch 5 speed. And I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it exactly. Everytime I go to drive it, & try to switch gears, it's like my gears completely freeze up, to where it will not go into any gear at all!So after about 10 minutes of sitting there, then the clutch finally starts working again!But I've noticed whenever the clutch starts to act up again to where I can't get it in any gears, my temperature gage goes down to cold. Then when I'm sitting there, waiting to be able to put the car I'm gear again, my temperature gage goes back up to normal again. What does my clutch have to do with my temperature gage?So what does it sound like the problem
may be to you?PLEASE HELP!I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

When you are not able to engage the gears, is clutch pedal low when pressure is felt?

Turn engine off. Engage 3th or 4th speed and start the engine with clutch pedal depressed. Ensure the parking and foot brake are applied and be prepared to turn engine off if necessary and nobody or anything is in front of vehicle.
Does vehicle seem to surge forward?
Try to disengage and engage a gear.

I don't see any relation between engine temperature and the clutch.