AIR CONDITIONER, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ETC

1998 Mercury Mystique • 135,000 miles

1998 Mercury mystique 2.0, I have replaced wiring harness, pcm, thermostat, temp gauge sensor, fan sensor and here is the problem. The check engine light is on showing bank one lean. Now here is another problem when you hook up the wire to the fan sensor the air conditioner stops working and the fan runs at the high speed. Unplug the wire and air conditioner works. I have tried everthing I know to fix but no luck HELP
Mwc6628

For the CEL, have it scanned for all codes, soft and hard.

I'll have to see if someone else can help you with the AC problem. But I would check that wire to see if it's grounded anywhere. Our reference source is being mean to me, so I can't see wiring schematics.

Rivermikerat
I am sorry when you unplug the sensor the fan runs on high even if the engine is cold and the ac works good but cycles on the compressor, when you plug it back up fan runs normal but ac does not work runs for about 15 seconds then shuts down. Had them backwards sorry.

Mwc6628
Is this fixed yet or what?

The cooling fan runs on high? Or the AC blower fan, blowing air into the passenger compartment?

By "sensor" I presume you mean the coolant temperature sensor in the block?

No, ras, not yet. Mit1 isn't letting me look at circuit schematics or diagrams for this vehicle.

Rivermikerat
You need to be more specific about what sensor you are unplugging because that car doesn't have a fan sensor. Do you have a scan tool to access temp data from the computer.

Wrenchtech
Mit1 won't give up the schematics

Bless AllData! Thanks Wrenchtech.

Rivermikerat
No problem. Let me know if you need anything else. This one's going to be hard to instruct.

Wrenchtech
Having the schematic will make it easier than not having it.

Rivermikerat
Now were cooking -Where's the beef at