HOW TO TEST THE (DPFE) AND (EGV) SOLNOID PARTS ON 2.5, V6 AND WHERE IS THE MANIFOLD PORT THAT NEEDS TO BE CLEAN OUT. DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE MANIFOLD.

1998 Mercury Mystique • 90,000 miles

I can't find a diagram for this cars egr route any where, I would like to know what it looks like so I can do tests from A to B. In other words, where do the hoses come from that attach to DPFE and soforth. When this gets all figured out, how do I rest, so the check engine light won't come back on. I'm getting P0401 code so I wont to go through eveything and make sure my(DPFE) and(EGV)soleniod are good also. I know how to check egr valve. THANKS AGAIN!
Ronski

The dpfe is checked through a scan tool. It has a voltage change based upon load changes.

A bad cat can cause a dpfe failure as well from excessive back pressure. These checks are best left to a shop familiar with these types of repairs.