TRUCK WON'T START

1997 Ford Expedition • 13,000 miles

We replaced the battery replaced the relay solenoid under the hood and the one that is on the starter. We also had the starter tested and we were told that it is good. When we turn the key all it does is click it doesn't even turn over. What else can be the problem? Any suggestions would help.

Thank you
Sonja Gomez
Sgomez

Where is the clicking coming from?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

It clicks when we turn the key to the start position and my husband does have a multimeter.

Sgomez
Again where does the clicking noise come from when you turn the key to the start position?That would help me to help you figure this out knowing that.

Sorry about that just talked to my husband and he said the clicking is coming from the starter

Sgomez
First of all have you had the battery tested yet since the no start?Also made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?If you have that all wraped up then set the multimeter to low scale ohms 200 ohms scale. Then touch one meter lead to the negative side of the battery. Then the other lead to a unpainted clean spot on the engine. It should read 2 ohms or less.

Thanks for the link medic thats the direction I was headed though. Just needed to know where the clicking was coming from before I headed there.

KEEP 'ER GOING!

I'VE NOT EXPERIENCED THE "2 OHM THING" AS FAR AS CHECKING THE GROUND. AS LONG AS IT HAD CONTINUITY, WAS MY RURAL ROUTE UP-BRINGING. I GUESS YOUR WAY "INSURES" ITS A GOOD GROUND.

I PARTICULARLY TRY TO LEARN THIS NEW AGE COMPUTER CONTROLLED EVERYTHING FROM READING EVERYBODY ELSE'S ANSWERS WHEN THE ONES I CAN ANSWER ARE GONE. SEEMS WIFEY DON'T AGREE WITH MY MAKE THE OLDER STUFF LAST FOREVER PHILOSOPHY (UNLESS I CAN FIND OR REBUILD HER AN OLD 60s 'STANG [PERFECT]. WITH A/C OF COURSE!). SO MUST CONSTANTLY STAY ON TOP OF THINGS IN ORDER TO REPAIR HER'S AND AID WITH THE REST OF THE FAMILY.

OK. GET ON WITH IT!