WHY IS MY ENGINE NOT RUNNING PROPERLY

2001 Ford Expedition • 170,000 miles

My 2001 Ford expedition hesitates when I push the gas pedal, looses power sometimes when accellerator is pressed down almost seems like it is not getting any gas or getting flooded and backfiring and not burning it. My mechanic just replaced the fuel filter and a sensor that controls emissions. I was having the problems before the fix and it stopped for 2 days and now is back. Engine completely dies while driving, then won't start, but if you wait for 30 or so minuites it fires right back up.
Crundige12003

Do you have any codes in the computer?Thats where we need to start if you do please post the exact code numbers not code descriptions.

I to would start with codes. If you can't try cleaning the mas air flow sensor with maf cleaner or rubbing alcohol. Its located in the air intake tube. Remove it and clean the small wire that's in it with a small q tip swab be car full not to damage it

Djcl
The last code was that the left bank was running lean. That was prior to the fuel filter and sensor being replaced. The SES light just came on again today and I haven't had it checked yet. Could it be the fuel pump?

Crundige12003
A clogged fuel filter would cause both banks to go lean not just one also what sensor was replaced?We need to see what the actual code numbers you have now. Its P followed by a four digit number. You can check the actual fuel pressure but I would start with the codes first.