ARE MY MOTOR MOUNTS BROKE?

1997 Eagle Talon • 85,000 miles

I had my motor mounts changed within the past year. I had a really bad clunking problem when I shift into drive and reverse. Also some times my car shifts hard when accelerating. I was told I needed mounts so I had them replaced. The clunking didn't stop, but got a little better. So I assumed it was something else. Well yesterday I had someone shift between drive and reverse so I could watch the engine. My driverside top engine mount moved far enough it hit the frame, which is about 4 inches at least. Now maybe I am wrong, but that doesn't seem normal. Is it possible I had the mounts changed and my new ones were bad too this whole time! One of the other mounts I could see moved pretty good too, but not as bad as this top one.
Cstaff25

Are you sure that mount was changed? Does it look new?

I can't say for sure. It looked new and shiny when I got the car back. However, I found several chips all over that kind of bothered me at the time. By your reaction I assume I am right that that is not normal?

Cstaff25
Correct. I would return to the shop and show him what is going on

Thank you Mr. Roy for your time.

Cstaff25
Good luck