STALLING...........

1997 Dodge Ram • 136,000 miles

Ok so my 1997 dodge ram 1500 4x4 is having this problem that no one seems to know whats going on and I don't have the money to keep throwing at it. It will start up fine and run good but when I start driving, "this only happens when warm", it will stall completely or it will shutter and my general light will flicker and my rpm gauge goes crazy. It also will fell like a knock when driving and it will randomly downshift or as it feels like the truck is coughing.
Ramblinman2891

You will need to have your vehicle hooked up to a scan tool/computer with graphing capabilities. This way every sensor in your vehicle can be watched. When one fails, and causes the stalling, the freezeframe data can be checked, and all live data can be rewinded and checked to see what exactly is causing this. Your cheapest bet and most accurate is to bring to a capable garage that can tackle such a task. Without access to a proper scan tool, theres not much we can do here to help.

Madmike1735