IDLES LOW AND WANTS TO STOP WHEN STARTED

1996 Volkswagen Jetta • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 140,000 miles

My 1996 vw jetta gls has a problem when I start it up and drive. It will crank up fine, then after 30 secs maybe it will start to choke and will almost stop running if I dont apply the gas. Its a problem when I warm it up. When I drive it, I will apply the gas and it will delay for a little less then a second then wil go roughly into first almost a slam. When I drive in the morning or after being parked for a while a have to drive easy and light on the gas pedal to stop it from happeneing. When the car is warm I oftenly dont have this problem until I go to a drive through for food then it wants to idle low and almost cut off again. It has been getting worse over the last 3-5 mo. At red lights it seems to want to stop when idling at times aswell. Help?
Coole041

Any engine trouble codes for clues from computer?

Fixitmr
Buncha vids about related issues here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlzOiC7cimI

Fixitmr
Also that transmission is known for problems.(93-99)i would cure idle then see if trans clunk is gone.

Fixitmr
N o engine codes but ive been told about a fuel filter a while back. I do have straight pipe on the car, but yeah similar to that video but not that bad.

Coole041
Many other vids to check out there. Cant be filter if car runs at higher speeds. Billions of filters changed for wrong reason every year!(All cars)get rich business!

Fixitmr
Vacuum leaks / dirty maf sensor / IAC valve / egr leak

Fixitmr
Did problem happen after strate pipe install?

Fixitmr
In that video you showed me; there is a circular device and the bottom hose connected to that circular device has a rip in it. I just looked. Had the MAF replaced maybe 1.5 years ago

Coole041
I dont believe so. Also had the rack and pinion replaced 1.5 years ago.

Coole041
I dont Believe so. But yes possibly.

Coole041