PONTIAC SUNFIRE WHEEL PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Sunfire • 197,818 miles

I need to know how to replace a rear wheel cylinder in rear passenger side of my sunfire
Kellystevens

To start, spray all bolts and brake lines with a penetrating fluid. Next, safely lift the rear of the vehicle and support it with jack stands. Remove the wheel and brake drum and brake shoes. Next, remove the brake hose from the rear of the wheel cylinder and then remove the two bolts that hold it in place. Remove the old wheel cylinder and install the new one in the reverse order. Once it is replaced and the brake hose and brakes are put back together, you will need to bleed the wheel cylinder. Open the bleeder valve until fluid begins to come out. (NOTE: Make sure the master cylinder always has fluid in it) Then close the bleeder. Have a helper pump the brakes 5 or 6 times and then hold pressure on the brake pedal while you open the bleeder. When you open it, fluid and air will come out and the brake pedal will go to the floor. Tell the helper not to release the brake pedal until you close the bleeder. Do this until no air comes out and only a stream of fluid comes out.