HELP REINSTALLING TRANS 2.2L 5-SPEED

1996 GMC Sonoma • 130,000 miles

Replaced clutch cant get trans back in. Appox.1/2 " away from block. Will not go all the way in. Through out is on the fingers and it wont go all the way to the block have taken it out and re-reinstalled it more then 10 times. Makes it to the fingers and will not go. I have redone the clutch the bearing and slave more then I like to say. Best I can get it is 1/2" away. Dont want to run the bolts in to get it to the block but im out of ideas. Trans is 4th and in the splinds. Doing it on my back no lift truck is on jack stands.
Jmwiley

So the transmisson is in neutral you aligned the clutch with a clutch alignment tool?When trying to install it are you rocking it left to right while pushing it in?Also are you supporting the tail shaft with a jack to help prevent binding?

No trans is in 4th. I have moved it left and right. It is supported with a jack.

Jmwiley
You need to put it in neutral not fourth so the input shaft will move around more. Try that way and let me know how it goes.

I'll try it manual said to have it in 3-4th gear but i'll gave it a shot.

Jmwiley
I always put it in neutral when stabbing my transmissons in. Keep me posted.