WON'T START...

1994 Plymouth Acclaim • 165,000 miles

Hello, One morning, I went to start my car, got nothing, no lights, no power. I took battery & alternator to Kragens to be tested, both failed & were dead. I replaced both, alternator & battery. My car ran good for two days. Then on my way home from the gym, all my dashboard lights, head lights dimmed, then lost power until my car died out. I waited 20 min for tow truck, car started right up, about 10 min later all the lights dimmed again & car died out. This has been the on going process. I reinstalled alternator & battery, everything is clean, on nice & tight. I also had the battery & alternator tested twice, both are good. I also came up with codes 21 & 45. I can't find the codes online. Please Help, THANX.
HectorF

Do you have a voltmeter or test light and know how to use 'em?

21 - oxygen sensor signal, neither rich or lean detected
45 - turbo boost limit exceeded-map sensor detects over-boost

Yeah, I have both and know how to use them.

HectorF
All the diagnosis can be done right at the back of the alternator. Check for full battery voltage all the time on the large output wire bolted on. Assuming that's okay, measure the voltages on the two small tabs bolted on that are sticking out of the black plastic block. Those must be taken with the engine running. One will have full battery voltage. The other one is the secret. It should have less but not 0 volts. 4 - 11 volts is typical.

Ok, I will do that and I will get back to you with the results. Thank You.

HectorF