PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM STARTER PROBLEM

1994 Plymouth Acclaim • 17,500 miles

94 Plymouth Accliam 3.0
Trying to get car going for member of church, I have limited skills but not entirely a rookie either. Turn Key starter will not turnover, no sound what so ever from starter or the adjacent silinoid. Car sat for three years without being started, tried to start it with a new battery which was hooked up wrong. I was told for only 3 seconds in duration. Currently it appears all functions are working Light, blinkers, Turn signals, ect. I noticed that the PRNDL was not moving when actuation arm was shifted, reconnected the actuation cable on steering olumn and is now wokiing properly. Tested starter and it works. Tested continual power-cable to starter, its good, Ignitrion wire at starter no power. Could the problem be Nueatral safety sensor, relays, ignition swiich , I cant' find but like I said I am not a major gearhead. Help please.
Lakethompson

Could be neutral switch. This is probably why car was sitting?

Fixitmr
Have you tried starting in neutral?

Fixitmr
Have you located fuse/relay box? It has a starter realy that can be swapped with similar(wiper) in box for test.

Fixitmr
HOOKED UP WRONG?LOOK FOR BLOWN FUSES OR BLOWN FUSIBLE LINKS

OTHER THAN THAT----READ MY LINK----NORMALLY A "NO NOTHIN' " SITUATION IS MENTIONED WITHIN MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES