TRANSMISSION LEAK

1994 Mazda b3000 • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 101,000 miles

I noticed a leak from my manual transmission. (Reddish/ping oil) Upon further investigation I discovered that it was coming from the top of the transmission by the shifter. I noticed what appears to be an access panel above the transmission under the shifter. It appears that I can get to from inside the cab. I just wanted to be sure that's what it is; an access panel before tearing things apart. Anyone out there experience this issue and/or know about the access panel.
Tthomasmoraga

I did some more research and found the problem/resolution.

M5OD Mazda Design Manual Five Speed Transmission
Those of you who own Ford full size or small size trucks with the M5OD Mazda design 5 speed manual transmission should have the rubber shift cover plugs resealed at your earliest possible convenience. A common occurrence with this model transmission is the rubber plugs shrinking over time and allowing lube oil to leak out of the transmission. This occurs while the vehicle is in operation, so there is less of a tendency for a puddle to develop when the vehicle is sitting parked. The result to the transmission is a lack of lubrication and damage to some very expensive gears and bearings.

I've attached a pic of the actual plugs from my transmission. Hope this help others out there facing the same issue.

Tthomasmoraga