TRANSMISSION NOT SHIFTING PROPERLY, RPM TO HIGH SHIFTING FROM 2ND TO 3RD. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING.

1994 Honda Accord • 204,000 miles

Recently bought this 1994 Accord. Made some repairs and has been running great for the last 2 wks. Today I was driving in town today, no more than 35 mph, when I noticed the transmission was not shifting properly. I brought it to a stop and tried again. It shifts fine from 1st to 2nd then holds rpms to about 2500 before shifting 3rd. That is as far as I went for fear of causing any damage. I did notice the fluid was in need of changing but I had not done it because I have made other more pressing repairs so that I could drive it work. I need some help on where to start diagnosing the problem. From the research I've done there is no servicable filter without pulling the tranny. Could it be plugged? Could the shift solenoid screen be plugged or not operating properly and how do you test. I do not believe it is shot because this was the first sign of a problem and I did not continue driving it. Hopeful anyway. Thanks waiting for response.
Titan0131

Is the check engine light coming On and last tune-up done? A badly needed tune-up will affect how the transmission operates.

Your transmission is slipping have it further checked out-could be clogged filter, valve body and shifting solenoid/s etc-

Tune has been done. Engine is running great. Had problem with VSS but it was replaced and has been working fine. I need to know to if there is anything I can do to diagnose and repair. I really do not have the funds to take it to a tranny shop right now. I'm a pretty good mechanic, I'm in need of some direction. Are there any easy checks I can start with and go from there, I'll pull the tranny to replace the filter if I have to. Are there any procedures that can be done by home mechanic.

Titan0131
You can try cleaning the valve body and also check filter other then these have it pressure tested to find out more

That tranny doesn't have a filter that is serviceable.

Mikederouin88