BRAKE LINE REPLACEMENT

1994 Dodge Ram • 5.2L V8 4WD Manual • 160,000 miles

I am replacing a front brake line it has what appears to be more line than it should have was several severe bends is it possible to replace with a more strait line? If this isn't possible why? I this isn't possible do you know if I can get a prebent one from a dealer if so when would I find a diagram of different lines
Tuthillfirearms

There are several steel lines that run from the proportioning valve to the different wheels. However, each wheel should only have one steel line. The fronts will have a rubber hose that goes from the steel line to the caliper.

As far as getting one from a dealer, chances are they no longer will have one for a 1994. You will need to get either a coil of steel line and and make your own flared ends with new fittings, or you can get the straight steel lines in different lengths and bend them to fit.

NOTE: If you flare them yourself, you need to make what is called a double flare. Please see a tech if you are not sure of what I am saying. Also, you will need a tool to properly bend the straight lines to prevent them from kinking.